Jewelry Production Assistant – 1 or 2 days per week
The studio is seeking a production assistant intern for a 6-month term position. This position is ideal for a bourgeoning creative mind looking to explore jewelry production under the mentorship of the chief designer. At this time, the position is unpaid with the potential for an apprenticeship and growth in the position. The successful candidate will be eligible for product bonuses based on performance.
- Proactive, ambitious and engaging with a great, deadpan sense of humour
- Ascribes to the slow design ethos
- Possess a deep and dynamic knowledge of leading online fashion magazines and blogs
- Passionate about design, fashion, jewelry and homewares
- Highly trustworthy, discrete and confidential
- Able to work autonomously and multitask
- Prepare metals for production
- Assist in various studio production techniques
- Clean and organize studio as required
- Organize, collate and catalogue supplies inventory
- Assist in the preparation and organization of inventory for all shows
- Assist on product and lookbook photoshoots
- Provide show sales assistance subject to availability and location
- Prepare packages and invoices for shipping
- Other production and administrative tasks as required
- Available for one to two five-hour shifts each week
- Graduate with, or current student pursuing a, diploma, certificate or degree in fine arts or design practices, or two years’ experience in production or fashion design
- A solid understanding of jewelry production techniques
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment with conflicting deadlines
- Meticulous eye for detail
- Must reside in the Kelowna, B.C. or be easily able to commute to Kelowna each week
To apply, please submit a resume, cover letter and list of three to five references who will speak to your work ethic, personal character and professional experience to .
Applicants also have the option to submit a personal social media account, digital portfolio or Pinterest moodboard that exemplifies their artistic and design aesthetic.
This posting will remain active until the appropriate candidate is selected. We appreciate your interest and only those shortlisted for an interview will be contacted by our team.